Replica is an interactive novel game played through a cellphone and social media.
You are given a cellphone of an unknown owner. You must look for evidence of terrorism by hacking into the cellphone owner’s account, under governmental coercion. Then inspecting the cellphone usage history and social media activity records. Try this puzzling new experience in gaming.
The insane experience of peeping into someone’s private life through a cellphone will transform you into the state’s greatest patriot.
The virtual country in the game has suffered a major terror attack just a few days ago. People are terrorized, and the state is increasing security in order to arrest the terrorists and to prevent further attacks. Governmental intelligence obtained the power to legally inspect personal information such as movement record and cellphone usage, and whoever declines inspection must be hiding something. A cellphone password and privacy, as you know, isn’t necessary unless you’re a terrorist.
LOGOS & ICONS
Release date : 7th June. 2016.(itch.io), 11th July. 2016.(Steam), 15th November. 2016.(iOS,Android)
Website : SOMIgames.com
Price : USD 2.99
Length : Around an hour
- 12 Multiple Endings
- 8 Achievements
- English, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Turkish, Polish, Korean, German, Russian, French, Brazilian Portuguese(PT-BR) supported
- Independent Games Festival(IGF) Honorable Mention for Excellence in Design
- Taipei Game Show 2017 Grand Prix Award
- IndieCade 2016 Impact Award
- International Mobile Gaming Awards(IMGA) 2017 Nominee
- BIC Festival 2016 Excellence in Narrative Award
- Indie Stream Fes 2016 Best of Narrative Award, Best of Game Design Award
- BIG Festival 2016 Best Narrative Award Nominee
- Out Of Index 2016 Official Selection
- A MAZE. / Johannesburg 2016 Selection
- PAX West Indie MegaBooth showcase
- BitSummit 4th showcase
- ⎡South Korean Video Game Raises Awareness of Government Surveillance⎦ – Voice Of America
- ⎡Replica is a detective game about privacy, investigation, moral dilemma⎦ – PC GAMER
- ⎡Phone Hacking Game ‘Replica’ Is Blunt and All Too Real⎦ – Motherboard
- ⎡Replica is an immersive point and click game that simulates a mobile phone⎦ – IndieGames.com
- ⎡Wot I Think: Orwellian Phone Hacking Game Replica⎦ – Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- ⎡You Are Now a Guardian of Liberty⎦ – Slate
I’m a solo indie developer from South Korea. I love game development because I think video games are the best art medium for me to transfer my thoughts and stories to people. During the day time I work hard to get enough money to survive and be able to take care of my baby girl, but once midnight hits I’m all into game development.
I’ve started programming since 2009 because I wanted to make fun and meaningful softwares on my own. At first, I had worked on iOS titles, Tarot Holic(2010) and One Year Letter(2012). In 2014, I’ve seen iOS game, Super Hexagon and VVVVVV by Terry Cavanach. I was so impressed and I wanted to be like him. After that moment, I’ve started to learn how to make games.
In the future, I want to be a creator. Genre doesn’t matter. I love all games, apps, novels and all creative things that have stories and rooms for imagination.